What are SEO essentials when it comes to publishing a new WordPress Page or Post? There are some basic things you can do to make sure your new page or post is set up for the Google crawler to understand what the page is about, and boost your chances for ranking highly for your search term.
Watch the video below to learn these essentials:
Here are a few highlights from the video:
- Decide on the keyword phrase that you will optimize the page for
- Choose a compelling title with the keyword phrase in it
- Use headers containing the keyword phrase
- Include an image, and associate ALT and TITLE tags
- Body text, use bold for phrase
- Specific Title Tag and Meta Description
- Internal linking to other pages
I’ll show you how to do all of these in the video.
Here are a few more articles I like in case you want to go into more depth on this:
- SEO features in the SmallBiz Theme (Video)
- Writing the Perfect Blog Post
- How to do Local SEO in 5 Minutes by Andrew Shotland
- WordPress SEO by Yoast (advanced)
If you're building a business website these days, you're in luck.
WordPress has revolutionized the ease and power of what a website can do and be. Now you can quickly create a website that is optimized for top search results, and update it yourself whenever you want.
As you'll see in a moment, the SmallBiz Theme is much more than a mere WordPress theme. It's a complete solution for your business web presence including a Website, Blog, Facebook Page and Mobile Website.
Let's take a look at each of these, and how they help you generate new business from the web…Click to continue...
See my disclosure about advertising and affiliate links