Creating video is a good way to earn additional search rankings for your keywords. But many small business owners are on a budget, and creating a video seems like an expensive (or scary!) proposition.
Here’s a cost-effective way to create videos for your small business that help you rank for the terms you need to rank for.
- Create a PowerPoint presentation about a topic you care about ranking for. Make the presentation educational, so that the viewer will learn something.
- Save your presentation as a video. Here’s how you do that in PowerPoint.
- Upload your video to Youtube.
- Embed your video in a blog post on your website or blog.
An Example Video
Notice how the slides in this video nicely walk you through the topic, so that the viewer will learn something valuable.
We also made a nice blog post to embed the video in.
Search Ranking Benefits of Video
Google’s Universal Search Results mix in video, images and other media types with the search results.
Because of this video they have 3 rankings on the first page for the keyword term “Active Release Technique San Jose“. Sure that’s a “long tail” keyword phrase, but believe me people with intent are typing this in. Plus you can do it for all of your important keyword phrases.
How To Create a Video for Your Business Using PowerPoint
Christina (my editor) put together a detailed series on how to do this. In these articles she shows you how she created the video above, step-by-step.
- How To Design Powerpoint Slides for Videos
- How To Choose a Topic for Your Marketing Videos
- Adding Animation to Powerpoint Slides
- Choosing Music or Voice Over for Your Powerpoint video
- Testing Your PowerPoint Slides with a Slideshow
- How to Film PowerPoint Slides Using Jing vs. Camtasia
- Syndicating Your PowerPoint Marketing Video
What do you think – are you going to create a video like this for your business, or your client’s business? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below.
If so, please join over 10,000 people who receive exclusive weekly online business and blogging tips, and get a FREE COPY of my eBook, 10 Steps to Free Website Traffic! Just enter your name and email below:
If you're building a business website these days, you're in luck.
WordPress has revolutionized the ease and power of what a website can do and be. Now you can quickly create a website that is optimized for top search results, and update it yourself whenever you want.
As you'll see in a moment, the SmallBiz Theme is much more than a mere WordPress theme. It's a complete solution for your business web presence including a Website, Blog, Facebook Page and Mobile Website.
Let's take a look at each of these, and how they help you generate new business from the web…Click to continue...
See my disclosure about advertising and affiliate links