The Best of Expand2Web
On this blog I’m chronicling two journeys. The first one is my journey of leaving corporate America to start my own business and be my own boss.
The second purpose of the blog is to share all the tips and tricks I’ve learned from helping hundreds of small businesses build effective websites that open up the web as a new marketing channel that delivers customers.
There are over 300 blog posts on Expand2Web. Here are the BEST ones as measured by comments and engagement in each topic area:
Building kick-ass WordPress websites
WordPress is hands down the best platform for building small business websites.
- WordPress Websites for Small Business
- Why Use WordPress for your Small Business?
- WordPress.com vs WordPress.org – Which One Should I Use?
- How To Make WordPress Look Like a Website
- How To Move Your WordPress Site
- How To Keep Your WordPress Blog Secure
- Backing Up Your WordPress Blog: What You Need To Know
Local search marketing and SEO
Once you get your website running and optimized, there are some powerful things you can do to get noticed.
- Owning Your Web Presence (Infographic)
- Google Place Search: What You Need to Know
- Your Google Business Listing – Look What Happens If You Don’t Claim It!
- Why Local SEO Does Not End with Google Places
- Choosing the Right Keywords for Your Google Places Listing
Ranking in the search results increasingly requires people to engage with your content in the form of comments, Likes, Tweets, Shares and +1s.
- How is Google+ Different than Facebook and Twitter?
- Facebook Advertising Interview with Dennis Yu
- How to Secure Your Facebook Page Tab Content with SSL
- Adding a YouTube Channel to Your Facebook Fan Page
- How To Create a Google Account Without Gmail
85%+ of small business websites are not mobile enabled. Yet there were more internet-enabled mobile devices sold last year than PCs. Mobile is here NOW. Get on board!
I interview experts on my Podcast and get you the best tips and tricks. Subscribe to the Expand2Web Podcast on iTunes!
Tools & Resources
My Resource Page is a popular page on the blog, where you can get additional resources tools and services to help you achieve success in your online business or blog.
SmallBiz WordPress Theme
I also make and support a premium WordPress Theme designed specifically for Small Business Websites called the SmallBiz WordPress Theme.
It is a complete all-in-one solution for building a web presence including your Website, Blog, Facebook Page, and Mobile landing pages too.
Thank you for visiting my blog – I sincerely hope you find things here to help you succeed. Feel free to contact me with any suggestions or just to say hello!