Backlinks. They are the hardest part of your search engine optimization plan. That’s what leads many people to take shortcuts and eventually get hammered when Google updates their algorithm like they did with the recent Penguin updates.
On this week’s podcast, my guest is someone who knows a LOT about backlinks, and how to build them the right way. James Martell has been doing affiliate marketing and SEO since 1999 and is an expert on this subject.
Here are some highlights from the interview.
Highlights from the interview with James
- James defines backlinks – what are they and how do they affect your search rankings?
- Backlinks are “the hardest part of SEO”. Why? Because attracting quality links is very time consuming. And if you do this wrong, they will lose effectiveness over time, and you could even get penalized by Google! But if you do it right – the links will continue working for you forever and your website will be immune to the Google algorithm changes like Penguin and Panda.
- Google is protective of their search results. They are looking for valuable content and valuable websites, and seeking to eliminate everything else!
- So how do you stay on their good site? Hint: Add Value! Rather than gaming the system.
- For local businesses, there is not much awareness about backlinks or how to get them.
- We discuss how small businesses can use them to jump ahead of their competitors.
- James shares a proven process to build quality back links over time. (I’ve used it and it works.)
- Three things a small business owner can do to get quality links. What is the recipe?
Listen to the Podcast
You can listen to the interview by clicking the play button at the top of this post. Or you can download the MP3 audio file by clicking the download link if you’re like me and you listen to interviews on your iPod/iPhone in the car.
If so, please join over 10,000 people who receive exclusive weekly online business and blogging tips, and get a FREE COPY of my eBook, 10 Steps to Free Website Traffic! Just enter your name and email below:
If you're building a business website these days, you're in luck.
WordPress has revolutionized the ease and power of what a website can do and be. Now you can quickly create a website that is optimized for top search results, and update it yourself whenever you want.
As you'll see in a moment, the SmallBiz Theme is much more than a mere WordPress theme. It's a complete solution for your business web presence including a Website, Blog, Facebook Page and Mobile Website.
Let's take a look at each of these, and how they help you generate new business from the web…Click to continue...
See my disclosure about advertising and affiliate links